Thursday, July 30, 2009

Any other psychiatric survivors thinking of protesting?

The following was a recent comment by a psychiatric survivor
Hey man I love what you're doing here, keep it up :D.

I was thinking of doing the same thing at the hospital I was abused at. Got any tips for a newbie protester? :)
I already posted a small comment in reply. Later, after the commenter emailed me, I was able to respond at length.

This is exactly the kind of interaction that keeps me going and reassures me during my darkest periods of doubts. It is a great inspiration to me and I feel very motivated in my own activism efforts because of this. Hearing from fellow psychiatric survivors and activists has been without question the greatest highlight of my protest and the biggest factor that has kept me going forward.

Are there any psychiatric abuse survivors out there that are planning on holding a peaceful protest outside the facility where they were abused? I would like to feature any such protests on a new website I am planning to raise awareness of psychiatric abuse and activism.

Please comment below or email me at 100dayprotest@gmail.com and let me know. If you just leave a comment I won't be able to get in touch with you other so remember to sent me an email also.

Thanks.

-g.m.

1 comment:

  1. Cheryl commented:

    ---
    Godly,
    I'll post my experience, if you'll tell me where to do so.
    Cheryl
    [*email address]
    ---

    Thanks Cheryl, I look forward to your collaboration. The website is still in the works and I will let you know once it is up. You do not have to wait till then - just email me your story. I did not publish your comment because I did not want your email address posted publicly.

    Best wishes
    -g.m.

    ReplyDelete