Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Day 18 of 100

Day 18/100: Tuesday, May 26 @ 7:40pm to 8:40pm

Friends Hospital finally offers to investigate; more than four years after the abuse took place...

I received an email today from Friends Hospital (Tue, May 26, 2009 at 8:40 AM). The following are the relevant excerpts:

... I am the Patient Representative at Friends Hospital and my job is to investigate all patient complaints. I became aware of your presence out front of the hospital recently and I have been wanting to speak with you to see if I could hear about your issue and see what I can do to investigate it. However, I have managed to miss you each time when I have walked out to the Boulevard. I came across your blog yesterday and the email address thus I am reaching out this way.

I’d like to invite you to come in and speak with me as soon as possible if that is agreeable with you. I take all complaints and concerns seriously and anytime there is an allegation of abuse, it is imperative that I look into it. Let me know and we can make arrangements.

Better late than never I suppose. I only hope this is not merely PR posturing but packs a substantive punch as well. Of course I intend to proceed in good faith and have high hopes of a fruitful investigation. I have not finished writing up my reply yet as I am still considering the best way to respond. I will post it on the blog as soon as it is emailed. Thanks everyone for checking!

Thanks especially to every individual who went out of their way to reach out to me with words of encouragement and support.

3 comments:

  1. It would be good to have a witness to any meeting... I would want to meet on neutral ground, such as a nearby diner. Whether this Friends' agent is aware of their actions in criminalis, or not, (I would assume, without presumption, that he is), I would not want to allow him the position of "judge" or "authority." He knows of your lawsuit. What he may not know is if all international statutes of limitations have run out... good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree with the above.. u hav to go with some legal person, so u hav the proof for future.. also we dont knw the intentions from their side.. so dont go alone.. make sure u hav all the conversation in record.. good luck..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the two comments above. It would not be a good idea to go alone. Also the conversations on both sides needs to be documented. That is one of the reasons why I will be corresponding via email throughout the investigation. Thanks for your comments.

    ReplyDelete