Friday, May 22, 2009

Day 13 of 100

Thursday, May 21 @ 7:20 pm to 8:40 pm

A time to be silent and a time to speak

Sometimes it is difficult to mark the divide between speaking out as a survivor and merely reaffirming my victim hood. It is a delicate line, and sometimes my balance is less than perfect. However, to not approach that divide, to merely stay away so that I can avoid the complications of the past, would mean continuing on as a victim forever. There is an incredible power in finding one's voice and purpose, in rediscovering one's identity. By admitting that I was abused, there is an empowerment that far surpasses the powerlessness of my victimization and the pain inflicted by my psychiatric oppressors.

I was a victim. I am a survivor.



Four years ...
            of silence
                 of fear
                     of pain

            of selfishness
                 of abandoning
                     of forgetting

A 100 days ...
            of speaking out
                 of hope
                     of healing

            of activism
                 of returning
                     of remembering

Friday's protest at 6 am to 7 am.

1 comment:

  1. I feel bad that you had to go through this ordeal and no one else can truly understand the pain it has caused. The health care industry is supposed to have a passion to serve but unfortunately the sick end up in the hands of people who don’t give a damn about others. I hope nothing will stop you, for you are speaking out for all who can’t. I hope you get the justice you deserve.Be strong.

    ReplyDelete